Special Educational Needs and Disabilitites [SEND]
Special Educational Needs Coordinator [SENDCO]
- Our named school SENDCO is Miss Rebecca Wade . She can be contacted at school through the main school office.
- Our named governor for SEND is Nick Renshaw.
- Every year we review our SEND provision within school. You will find our latest report below.
- We have a policy on how the school meets the needs of children with SEND. This can be found in our policies section of the website.
Local Special Educational Needs Offer
This offer is written with due regard to the Children and Family Act 2014 and the revised Code of Practice. It adheres to the principles of an inclusive education service as set out in the DfES/04/2001 document.
Disabled access is available from the front entrance of school. From this point all classrooms can be accessed in a wheelchairs, although for some classes this means a short trip outside. Unfortunately in school there are steps which means that internally not all classes can be accessed.
We regularly consult with the local authority about the need to make adjustments for our building for children with Special Educational Needs and Disability [ SEND]. Our Early Years Foundation Stage [EYFS] area in school has been re-designed to make it more accessible for SEND children.
- Parents/ carers/ children who are blue badge holders are able to park on the school site.
- Our disability and accessibility policies can be found on our School Policies page.